Quadpack Prestige Packaging Solutions to face sustainability challenges
Sustainability has grown from a fashionable concept some years ago to a real market trend on the packaging market. More and more consumers ask for natural cosmetics and packaging and are aware of the necessity to use recyclable or recycled packs. This trend affects all market segments: mass, masstige and prestige brands are all eager to find solutions for this challenge.
As a prestige packaging solutions supplier, Quadpack is offering different options to this new market trend:
“Post Industrial” recycled packages were launched on the market last summer with Nude Skincare, a new range of eco-friendly, all natural face and body products. Quadpack worked with their strategic manufacturing partners based in Europe and Asia to develop the exciting range of packs. The collection of 7 packs comprises bespoke bottles & closures (30 and 200ml), personalized jars (10, 75 and 200ml) and sophisticated customized airless packs (15 and 40ml) for sensitive formulas. As a result Quadpack and Nude won the Gold Award for Best Cosmetics and Toiletry Design earlier this year at the Starpack Awards…. “these beautifully effective and minimal packs reflect the natural beauty product” and “a significant effort has been put in to delivering a unique look and feel including materials development and finishes”, commented the judges. Quadpack and Nude have been working towards increasing the content of recycled raw materials. An efficient partnership for a successful cosmetic launch.
After this great success, Quadpack has been working on various Recycled or Post Consumer Recycled packaging options which will be presented at Cosmeeting and Luxepack:
- New products like Yonwoo natural package collections in polypropylene and carton board
- Use of recyclable materials….new dual chamber pack has been developed for environmentally friendly consumers with polypropylene for easy recycling purposes.
- Pack with material allowed for the ECOCERT finished product certification. For example, QP offers PETG jars to substitute SAN or PMMA material keeping high transparency properties, all carton caps on airless jumbo and slim jumbo Natural Package …
Post Consumer Recycled packs are also being development by Quadpack. PCR is an end product that has completed its cycle as a consumer item and would otherwise have been disposed of as a solid waste. It includes recyclables collected in commercial and residential recycling programs such as office paper, cardboard, aluminium cans, plastics and metals. Quadpack standard or custom PCR range originated from a self managed closed loop recycling operation is composed of various pack options:
- PCR bottles & jars out of PET material from 10 to 100% PCR with functionally results comparable to virgin material.
- PCR cylindrical and oval tubes out of PE with 30% PCR content and functionality results comparable to virgin material.
Other ways of reducing environmental impact include reducing pack weight, minimising leftovers of product in the pack and reducing the amount of preservative in the formula. Airless packs are the ideal alternative to answer these requirements and Quadpack being the exclusive distributor of Yonwoo with a clear expertise in airless technology is offering the best alternative on the cosmetic market.
Contact: Muriel Lesbros – Marketing Consultant
Quadpack Ltd / www.quadpack.net
Tel: +34 935 322 790 / Fax: +34 935 322 791
Release date: October/ 2008
- 05/2013Airless and foam technology for beauty packaging
- 04/2013Sun care and beauty packaging trends on show at Auspack
- 04/2013Eco-chic and formula protection at Cosmoprof
- 04/2013How to choose the perfect perfume bottle
- 03/2013Quadpack acquires wooden component manufacturer Technotraf
- 03/2013Helping beauty brands perform for 10 years
- 02/2013The Telegraph Business Club publishes “The perfect package”
- 01/2013Yonwoo’s innovation machine
- 01/2013Thomas Hössel joins Quadpack’s German team
- 01/2013Big plans for 2013
- 12/2012Yonwoo Style!
- 12/2012Cheers! Quadpack cocktail party a roaring success
- 12/2012Quadpack targets OTC and cosmeceutical markets
- 11/2012Meet the Business Unit Director: David Lee, Quadpack Korea
- 11/2012Home spa trend forges ahead at LuxePack
- 10/2012Deborah Bowe joins as business development manager
- 10/2012Beauty packaging trends at Cosmoprof Hong Kong
- 10/2012The jar that defied the recession
- 09/2012Download the Quadpack iPad App!
- 09/2012Quadpack inaugurates flagship office in Barcelona
- 09/2012Premium packaging for skin care and OTC
- 09/2012What's new in pharma - visit our stand at InnoPack
- 09/2012Quadpack streamlines global logistics
- 09/2012Meet the Business Unit Director: Laurent Frydlender, Quadpack France
- 07/2012Dermofarm commits to best practice
- 07/2012Focus on cleansing at Make-Up in Paris
- 07/2012Test your new foamer with a functional mock-up
- 07/2012Come and meet us at the Sydney International Spa & Beauty Expo!
- 06/2012Meet the Business Unit Director: Giorgio Cassanmagnago, Quadpack Italy
- 06/2012Yonwoo growth prompts World Class status
- 06/2012Quadpack introduces new 3D rendering service
- 05/2012Promotional gifts: fashion trends for autumn/winter
- 05/2012Fast track to your Quadpack product
- 05/2012Come and see us at Make Up in Paris & Cosmetic Business!
- 04/2012Quadpack joins forces with Premi
- 04/2012Office move marks major growth for Quadpack Italy
- 04/2012Quadpack tweets in your language!
- 03/2012Meet the Business Unit Director: Marcela Buitrago, Quadpack Spain
- 03/2012Quadpack enters Swiss market
- 03/2012Quadpack introduces Domenic Maisano
- 02/2012Quadpack Australia rolls out SAP
- 02/2012Quadpack France growth spurs move to Paris
- 02/2012Quadpack introduces department store concept at Cosmoprof
- 02/2012‘Which airless for which formula’ round table session
- 01/2012Come and meet us at PCD and Easy Fairs Birmingham
- 01/2012Meet the Business Unit Director: Jason Smith, Quadpack Australia
- 12/2011Quadpack presents Yonwoo innovations at L'Oréal's second innovation forum, Cherry Pack 2
- 12/2011Party time at Cosmoprof Asia!
- 11/2011Tune into fashion trends for spring/summer 2012
- 11/2011Meet the business unit director: Jenni Paddick, Spirit Ltd
- 11/2011Extended presence at Cosmoprof Asia, with a party to boot!
- 10/2011French operation boosted by two key appointments
- 10/2011Quadpack introduces premium packaging innovations
- 10/2011Low-cost innovation will drive airless market, says Yonwoo president
- 09/2011Quadpack Australia at the Sydney International Beauty & Spa Expo
- 09/2011Quadpack presents cosmetic pack innovations at Easyfairs Stockholm
- 09/2011Oceanic SA: on a mission to help allergy sufferers
- 08/2011Meet the business unit director: David Zhou, Quadpack China
- 08/2011International people moves at Quadpack Group
- 07/2011Quadpack and Apollo share a stand at Cosmeeting, Paris
- 07/2011See us in Sydney at the International Spa and Beauty Expo!
- 07/2011Inauguration of new test facilities at Quadpack Group headquarters
- 06/2011Meet the business unit director: Laura Sala, Quadpack Germany
- 06/2011Quadpack targets the New Zealand cosmetics packaging market
- 06/2011Come and see us at Make-Up in Paris!
- 05/2011Apollo appoints Quadpack as exclusive distributor
- 05/2011Quadpack to exhibit at New Zealand Beauty Expo
- 05/2011Mabel Kwok joins Quadpack AU as Project Developer
- 04/2011Meet the business unit director: Mike Banister, Quadpack UK
- 04/2011Quadpack Spain ramps up its management team
- 03/2011Get up close and personal at Cosmoprof 2011!
- 03/2011Airless Packaging Association to promote airless systems at Cosmoprof Bologna
- 03/2011Hong Kong business unit to coordinate Asian sourcing operations
- 02/2011Prestige and mass market solutions at Quadpack’s stand at PCD 2011
- 02/2011New year CEO statement: 2010 closes on a high
- 12/2010Quadpack joins forces with cosmetics packaging giant Brivaplast
- 12/2010Quadpack buys majority share in gifting & promotions company Spirit
- 11/2010Quadpack make-up and airless solutions draw crowds at Luxe Pack
- 11/2010Quadpack Australia's new Showroom
- 11/2010Quadpack gears up for launch into Central and Eastern Europe
- 10/2010Quadpack meets its customers at Sydney International Spa & Beauty Expo
- 10/2010Quadpack Italy strenghtens its sales team
- 08/2010Mid-year CEO statement: market shift pays off
- 08/2010Vive la France! Quadpack returns to Paris for Cosmeeting
- 08/2010Quadpack expands Chinese sourcing operation
- 07/2010Quadpack Down Under: steady growth for Australian office
- 07/2010Javier Navia to lead Quadpack Group’s packaging innovation drive
- 07/2010Quadpack meets its customers face to face at two key industry events
- 06/2010Shaping the future at exclusive L'Oréal innovation forum
- 06/2010New Italian office marks Quadpack's push into colour cosmetics
- 03/2010Come and meet us at Cosmoprof!
- 03/2010Quadpack France expands its operation
- 03/2010New airless pack label
- 02/2010Perrin to help Quadpack prepare for global expansion
- 02/2010Quadpack streamlines global business processes
- 02/2010Unblemished record in quality management
- 01/2010Quadpack Group sales figures defy crisis
- 01/2010Video conferencing speeds time-to-market
- 01/2010Body and spirit: a new venture into bags and accessories
- 12/2009Quadpack Australia is moving
- 11/2009Luxepack Monaco exhibition
- 09/2009Quadpack at Sydney International Exhibition
- 02/2009Worldstar Packaging award for Nude
- 11/2008Quadpack prestige packaging solutions to face sustainability challenges
- 07/2008Nude won the Starpack awards
- 07/2008Nude won the Benchmarks Awards
- 07/2008David ZHOU appointed at Quadpack China
- 02/2008New office opened in Australia